When might Short-Term Medical be the right choice?
Short-Term Medical Insurance may be best suited for times of transition, when you only need medical insurance coverage for a short period of time, like:
- You are between jobs, and are no longer under an employer-sponsored plan
- You are in a period of transition, such as just graduating from college
- Your employer-sponsored plan hasn’t kicked in yet and you want to cover the lapse just in case
- Health insurance plans like COBRA are too expensive, and you’ll be on another plan soon
- You’re no longer eligible under your parent’s plan
- You’re waiting on the approval of major medical coverage
- You only need insurance for a short period of time
What’s covered by Short-Term Medical?
When you purchase Short-Term Medical, you’ll be provided the following coverage:
- $50 co-pay when obtaining treatment at an Urgent Care Facility. Deductible is waived
- Receive confirmation materials and ID cards instantly if you purchase online
- 24/7 customer support via toll-free phone or online chat sessions
- Deductible options ranging from $250-$7,500
- Policy provides 10 day free look period
- 6 months of coverage (some states allow longer durations up to 11 months per certificate)
- Multiple payment options, you can pay for your plan up-front or on a monthly basis.
- And more
Not all coverage or products may be available in all jurisdictions. The description of coverage in these pages is for information purposes only. Actual coverage will vary based on local law requirements and the terms and conditions of the policy issued. The information described herein does not amend, or otherwise affect, the terms and conditions of any insurance policy issued by HCC. In the event that a policy is inconsistent with the information described herein, the language of the policy will take precedence.