When might Short-Term Medical be the right choice?
Short-Term Medical Insurance may be best suited for times of transition, when you only need medical insurance coverage for a short period of time, like:
- You are between jobs, and are no longer under an employer-sponsored plan
- You are in a period of transition, such as just graduating from college
- Your employer-sponsored plan hasn’t kicked in yet and you want to cover the lapse just in case
- Health insurance plans like COBRA are too expensive, and you’ll be on another plan soon
- You’re no longer eligible under your parent’s plan
- You’re waiting on the approval of major medical coverage
- You only need insurance for a short period of time
Not all coverage or products may be available in all jurisdictions. The description of coverage in these pages is for information purposes only. Actual coverage will vary based on local law requirements and the terms and conditions of the policy issued. The information described herein does not amend, or otherwise affect, the terms and conditions of any insurance policy issued by HCC. In the event that a policy is inconsistent with the information described herein, the language of the policy will take precedence.