Challenging, Supportive, Fun
Careers at GradGuard
GradGuard is committed to helping each other grow personally, be exposed to new ideas and experiences, and succeed professionally. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that enables you to help others, then please consider joining our talented GradGuard team.
We are looking for smart, nice, enthusiastic people to join our stellar team and help us fulfill our mission to help students and their families protect their investment in higher education.
GradGuard is passionate about our mission to help schools and partners protect the investment made in higher education by students and their families. More than 300 colleges and universities trust GradGuard to protect their students with our tuition and renters insurance benefits.
Our team of professionals regularly contributes higher education community through publishing research, showcasing best practices, supporting associations through the career mentorship efforts and conference presentations.
Our partners believe that each student deserves the opportunity to succeed and protect their investment in college. GradGuard is building a network of schools who are dedicated to assisting students and families to overcome unexpected events that may increase the cost of college or disrupt it completely.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
GradGuard is seeking a Campus Development Representative who shares a deep interest in the value of education, is entrepreneurial minded, technology savvy and is ready for the fast-paced environment that comes with both. This person will require a passion for working with people and they must not fear rejection, rather be willing to learn from it. Our team will be committed to mentoring and providing you with the tools to exceed in your career. This is an opportunity to be a part of a strong, proven, growing brand quickly expanding in the higher education market.
- Contact and qualify schools to understand their needs.
- Schedule in-person or conference call meetings between yourself, VP of Campus Development and the qualified school.
- Learn the GradGuard school facing implementation process and be able to speak to our technology intelligently.
- Learn the unique features of GradGuard’s Renters Insurance product and be able to share these features with schools.
- Listen to the needs of schools and shape case studies that demonstrate the value of GradGuard to schools and students.
- Become a student of the higher education industry.
- Support the team in creating valuable B2B content that engages our school partners.
- Effectively use SalesForce customer relationship management system to track discussions and campus engagements that will enable you to easily produce sales, activity and pipeline report for review with the VP of Campus Development.
- Learn to travel efficiently and effectively.
The position is based in Boston or Phoenix and reports to the Vice President for Campus Development, Steven Fucci.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution
- Excellent project management skills with a demonstrated capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Student Housing experience with demonstrated understanding of the responsibilities of the Residence Life and Housing Office.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated curiosity in technology, higher education, social media, and insurance / risk management.
- Enthusiasm for higher education.
- Willingness to become licensed insurance property and causality producer.
- This position will require travel to industry conference and between the company’s offices in Phoenix and Boston.
- Exceptional communication skills allowing you to connect with customers by email, phone and in-person.
- Self-managed, highly motivated, and confident.
- Very organized and diligent in managing your day.
- Must be flexible and available for approximately up to 30% travel, and to attend meetings, presentations, and events outside the office
- Flexible to work weekends and/or extended work days, as required the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires: Constant sitting or standing, some walking around, and Occasionally lifting no more than 20 lbs.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: GradGuard, a service of Next Generation Insurance Group LLC, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we invite applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES:
Please submit letters of interests and resumes to Careers@GradGuard.com.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to GradGuard. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.